Looking for a delicious and healthy salad recipe? For us, a healthy dinner is all about getting a good mix of protein, carbs, and fresh vegetables, especially after a big day.
This lamb rump with red lentil salad recipe is perfect for a mid-week dinner. Simple stuff that can be cooked up relatively quickly. Replace lamb rump with leftover cold lamb roast meat and serve alongside this colourful red lentil salad.
- 600g Quality Mark lamb rumps
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- a small handful of parsley chopped
- a small handful of mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion chopped
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Heat a frying pan with a splash of oil over a high heat.
- Cook on one side of the lamb until moisture appears, then turn and cook the other side.
- Test the ‘degree of doneness’ by touching the meat - it will feel springy for medium and very firm for well done.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest, loosely covered with aluminium foil.
Download the full recipe here: https://www.recipes.co.nz/recipes/lamb-rump-steaks-with-red-lentil-salad