If Covid’s come calling at your place, here’s a rich, hearty soup that’ll cheer you up, warm you up and fill you up. It’s easy to make, and it freezes well too, so you can keep some on hand for a rainy can’t-be-bothered-cooking night.
- 2x 500ml packs of Restore Beef Bone Broth
- 250 grams Streaky Bacon
- 2 onions
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- Half a jar of passata
- 500ml water
- 3 beef stock cubes
- Large handful of fresh herbs – rosemary, parsley, oregano
- Saly & pepper
- Grated parmesan
- In a large cast iron stock pot, saute roughly chopped bacon, onions, garlic and celery until bacon is cooked through.
- Add carrots, potatoes, leek and herbs, and stir through.
- Add tomatoes, passata, water and stock cubes, then cover and simmer for 3-4 hours on low heat.
- Remove lid, add salt and pepper to taste, and reduce until the flavour is to your liking.
Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!