Cranking up the BBQ? Put the steak and sausages aside and try these delicious balsamic marinated Pork Chops instead! Quick and easy to make, the marinade adds flavor and helps keep the chops moist while they cook. Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (190g) pork loin chops
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, tomato sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook the sauce at a simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and black pepper. Brush the chops with the sauce from the saucepan.
- Cook the pork chops on the preheated barbecue until the chops are no longer pink in the centre, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the barbecue then allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving with the remaining sauce on the side.