In our first Kitchen Co-lab, we’ve teamed up with the talented folk at Brick Bay’s Glass House Kitchen. Our pork belly, their expertise, ready to bring together at your place.
This will serve 10-12, so talk to us at the Butchery about re-sizing to suit your numbers.We can also remove the rind for crackling, giving this dish a twist of texture and crunch!
For more taste sensations from Brick Bay, visit www.brickbay.co.nz
Miso Pork Belly
- 3kg Pork Belly (skin removed and cut into 10cm wide lengths)
- 100ml Runny honey
- 300g Miso paste
- 100ml Rice vinegar
- Combined all marinade ingredients and coat the pork in a deep tray that will fit in the fridge.
- Marinade meat for 3 days, turning the meat once a day to coat. Remove marinade and set aside.
- Place pork on a cooling rack that can sit inside an oven tray. Fill tray with water just underneath the pork. Cover pork with baking paper, then foil over the top to seal the tray.
- Cook at 140 degrees for 2-3 hrs till knife penetrates flesh easily.
- Remove the foil and paper, and turn up the oven to colour up the pork till golden brown.
- While the pork is cooking, reduce the marinade by a third and use as a rich sauce for the pork.
Serve pork with Asian fried veggies and steamed rice.